Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 22, 2014



Mother dearest!!!! And Family! How the heck goes it in freaking in Murray, Utah, United states, Earth?
As for me I’m super duper great!! This area is a struggle but we have known that from the start!!! Its cool because our recent converts got the chance to go to the temple and it’s like a 90% chance they will stay active a recent convert goes to the temple. So I’m grateful for temples!
I just want to let my future wife know that I am looking for someone who wants to be married in the temple as much as I do. I desire it with every inch of me. I hope that I can find someone that loves Godlike I do. Is that too much to ask? I never thought I would hear myself say that. The old Ely was fine with brown hair and a nice body and straight teeth. But, what can I say? I have changed a whole lot out here. It’s a lot deeper than that, it’s a lot deeper than I can think and it’s a lot deeper than words on a computer screen. It’s hard for me to believe and at times I find the "old self" fighting it. I get reminded by Satan daily how big of an idiot I was. Well, I guess I don’t know who it is from, I guess it could be from both sides of the war we are in. I can wear the same apology out if you will let me, “so I’m sorry for all the things I've done and all the people I may have affected in the wrong way. I hope I have the time to make it up to everyone. Just remember if we don’t change we might end up where we are going..... It can be a good thing and a bad thing. If its bad change it, if it’s good well then… endure.
So I will give you a little run down on how my Sundays go. My Mother wanted me to explain it to her and I thought maybe everyone might like to know. We wake up at 5:30 am to get ready earlier so we have enough time to walk by all of our investigators houses. Sometimes this includes walking five to six miles. Needless to say I show up to the house/church drenching in sweat. We try to go to the families that said they were going to come with us...a lot of them usually hide behind their doors and you can see them hide, or they just make up an excuse like they have to make tortillas or have to be in the house because they can’t leave it with nobody in it for three hours..... Yeah, if you have a calling to Honduras and you haven’t learned patience, be prepared to learn real quickly. I will be the most laid back person ever after the mission because patience is developing in my blood. Anyways, so after getting lied to fifty times, you gotta remember to try and keep the Spirit with you. Satan can work so easily if we only think negative, so don’t think negative.  We show up to church a few minutes late almost every Sunday, because my comp. and I usually help the families get completely ready. Anyways, so we show up late whatever, but the funny thing is I always show up with a kid sitting on my shoulders and another hanging on my arms. But then a member comes up to me and says, hey Elder Hansgen we have bad news you need to direct the sacrament meeting because the bishop didn't show up. I think to myself....oh sweeett!!! Ha-ha it’s not even a surprise now, our bishop is inactive, hasn't been to church in a month and a half.... so whatever I can’t judge. So I direct and everything I usually end up giving the talks because the last Sunday when I assigned others to give talks they just decided not to show up. I am getting really good at talking in circles and using the word “ummm.”  I am sure these are just the things medical schools are looking for right? To end it I give the lesson in priesthood class. We go home at 12:00 and I sleep instead of eat lunch and I wake up at 1:00 and we leave to go preach.
The yucky thing about the work right now is we are starting completely over with our investigators. No one was progressing so this week we literally contacted for four or five hours every day. It’s helped me realize a lot and I’m grateful for the blessing I’m getting. The prayers everyone sends my way help a lot. Only God and I know how much I need them every day. So thank you for that. Hopefully you guys feel a little bit of my prayers as well!!!

We didn't get to watch the temple dedication Sunday so that was a bummer but today we did have a p-day with President Klein, it was a blast we played Frisbee, kickball, soccer, and then he taught us a little about the gospel while we tried to dry ourselves from all the sweat!!!

So I have been upping the ranks in knowledge of doctrine and things of that nature. Lately every time I study I have is like super in-depth and I end up just zoning everything else out! Here is one for you:
Ecclesiastes Chapter 3:1-8
 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and time to build up;
 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and time to dance;
 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and time to speak;
 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

  So it’s basically self explanatory, but my thoughts on things have sure changed. I guess everyone in this life is so worried about time they do have, time they don't have, time they wish they had and time they wish they didn't. This life is full of missed chances, second chances, or no chances.  One can be confused with what to do with all the time and such little time there really is. We can look at Jesus Christ for the example because in Act 10:38 its reads, “ How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” It’s simple, when we are involved good works; the time we have becomes a gift and not a burden! If you are far from us, there is still time to come back. The night has not come, the daylight still shines. I’m not saying procrastinate because there is never time for that but I am promising there is still time and God and Jesus Christ stand beckoning. 
I have such a great little testimony that keeps me keeping on. God is God and he sent his Son here for you and me. Repentance is hard but it’s worth it. I’m happy and it’s a direct relation with my obedience. Some days stink, but its part of life. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I found a cool video that I would love to share, two of my favs hit a home-run together. Speaking of home-runs I would kind of enjoy playing baseball again...what are the opinions on that! Tell Grandma thank you for the packages, they are great and I can feel her spirit. Thanks for all the prayer and support! Please watch the video…
Love,
Elder Hansgen


No comments:

Post a Comment