Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December 1, 2014

“UNWEARYINGNESS”
It’s a real word. It’s what I do every single day, and the invitation would be for all of you to do it.

I ran into a church the other day that promised blessings. I was like, dang at least they have that right...I surely was mistaken. A mother of an inactive family that I have grown to love is a member of this ¨church¨ they pay for college, give you food, money, clothes, work, etc.... it sucked because it was hard to promise her the blessing of knowing the true church when their church just acts like a God giving and taking away blessings. We just promise them (blessings) and know they come to pass in His timing. So we’ll see if he can get them back in church...
Back to “unwearyingness.” it’s a thing that I feel like we all must really work on. There is a huge difference between what your body can do and what your spirit can accomplish. I’ve noticed this week that “yeah it might suck to go out there in the sin filled, negative world, but it is worth it.” We do it because we have the faith and hope that there are better things to come. 
This week La Ceiba, Honduras was bombarded with water from above. I honestly thought I would never see blue skies again in my life....we woke up, it was raining, we went to bed it was raining.... it’s been one full week of me being wet....the problem is when you are in a third world country and you live next to the ocean...rain isn’t needed.  When there is an excessive amount of rain, flooding occurs. Rivers in the street...literally raging rivers!!! Houses flooded, I mean like over the roof flooded!!! My comp and I were teaching when we realized...”shoot that water is rising really fast, wait like really fast! Uh-oh get everything up off the ground quick, so we did it and in a blink of an eye the water was in the house and up to our knees!!!!  When my comp and I had to leave, we were walking in water up to our chests!!! It was crazy!!! We then helped four more families and then my comp turns to me and says, “Shoot! Our house!” We arrived to water in our apartment luckily I only had my dirty clothes in a bag on the ground!!! So that was a blessing and the Books of Mormon weren't damaged, also another blessing! A missionary without Books of Mormon is like a car without a motor. I love to give those things out. It’s like a get out of sin free card, but it has like 531 pages of get out of sin free cards. Every page is embedded with eternal health solving problems and a lot of great eternal promises. Anyways read it and love it like I do.
Back to this week… It was great but, I had the worst attitude, we spent all week trying to find somewhere to shower because there was no water for four days! We also spent almost all of our time helping out people that couldn’t sleep in their houses because they were full of flood water. Flood water stinks like poop and has a bunch of garbage in it.... I hate the smell of flood water!
I was super discouraged that we didn’t get to teach this true gospel to people. But, yesterday I read the scripture in Helaman 10 and I was lifted up...
 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.
 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.
 It sucked that we didn't teach a lot but we were really Christ-like, acting as He would have acted and serving those that needed our help. I felt good after i read that scripture and I knew it was God himself saying well done this week, well done.
Anyways I’m in La Ceiba and its sickkk!!! Its right next to the beach and it’s a super strong ward that I am serving in!!!! I’m with a gringo, and he is a really awesome guy with an amazing spirit to him! He really has his head on straight and I love that about him. His Spanish is a little “iffy” but the gift of tongues always comes in its due time. I love to watch him get frustrated with himself but I can just remember me as I embarked on these great two years. It’s coming up quick the end... I’m sitting next to my great friend Elder Larson who is serving as Zone leader here in La Ceiba and he just opened up his flight plans, hahaha I did nothing but turn back to look at my screen because I have a huge fear of going home... It’s going to suck to see every one of you because that means I will be home and not here preaching with my Lamanites!!! 

#lamanitefuturewife
#hoponthemormonmovement
The church is beyond true
Believe me it changes lives
Joseph Smith, he saw God, he saw Jesus Christ and he restored the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
#true church of God
#the kingdom of God or nothing
xoxoxo
Love Elder Hansgen

No comments:

Post a Comment