Tuesday, February 11, 2014

February 11, 2014

Well…family, friends and the people that read this blogggyyypooo.

I had a great week! I am realizing so much and just how the plan of salvation really works!!! 
My comp and I had the opportunity to baptize two people this week. Their names were J and O.
Funny story about J, is that he had been attending church for about a month and a half before we finally contacted him. We just figured he was a member because he has a triple combination (like one of the “know” signs you are a member) but, we were wrong he wasn't. So he was ready to be baptized and is now preparing to serve a mission! It was so cool because his grandma who is super tough skinned and is super strong in her beliefs with her other church.  But, we got to see her open up and learn through his example. We’ll see what happens, she is still unprepared for the gospel, maybe other missionaries, another time… I have the faith!
Then I got the pleasure in baptizing OJMA. I am getting so good with the two last names thing.  If you ask me that was like the hardest Spanish to learn was people’s complete names. But, he is awesome he is 10 years old. His family is super inactive and it was not easy getting him ready for baptism! His family is tough to get to come to church and just think baptism is the only thing that brings salvation. Let’s just say we had a couple of  ??? meetings.  They are now active. O is the brother of G, the girl who has cancer, come to realize that they started their search for faith after her diagnosis and I realized that the seed have to be planted before the trials come and its super difficult to build your house upon the rock when it’s raining because then you get wet and your house molds and you get sick from being in the rain(common Honduran belief) ...and the spiritual house is too hard to finish when the constant rain of pain, afflictions and temptations are beating down. This "house building" that they started was frustrating and they started to make another house where they thought the grass was greener. They started attending another church. We had a real clear lesson 1 to help them straighten out that this church is the only true church the only church that can provide the steps necessary for enduring to the end! 

But, yeah, we worked really hard this week and we did divisions a lot to accomplish all of our appointments!!! Love having too much work! 

Um, just an update on our district. Our district will be baptizing about 25 people on the 22 of February! I am super glad and excited and nervous that it all works out. If we pull it off I'm sure we will be the only missionaries in the whole entire world baptizing the most people in the world, at this time.  Not pride, just glorifying my Heavenly Father! Hopefully President Klein and the Stake President will attend along with a bunch of members.

I know that I have a lot to improve in, I know that I have a lot more time to serve but, I can't help  feel moments, maybe even seconds of perfectness when I’m in the water with the people I love. I know the ordinance isn't being done for me, but, I can't help but feel, a little bit cleaner knowing that I’m a worthy instrument! 

Satan is learning to realize with me that, "it’s hard to beat a person that never gives up"

I have learned in the mission that the quote from coach carter, yes I know that it is not from coach carter but, that’s where I heard it. It has new meaning when you are on a mission of light and darkness. You have set out to find your light to help others.  I hope that everyone takes the permission I give to let you light shine. Overcome fear and be something great!

"...Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. 
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? “
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Elder Hansgen

No comments:

Post a Comment