Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March 31, 2014

Si, I got blindsided by a pastor from the "casa de oracion" the other day and I want to share some experiences that have happened. I have known that this church is true for not as long as I should. I have a testimony, but in these hard times and in the mission, it should have a lot bigger! I guess I wish I had planned out my life a whole lot sooner and stuck closer to the church and its guidelines throughout my little life. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if when I come back some of my "old friends" don’t recognize me. I have had lot of time to think out here, it’s probably the reason a mission is two years. And it’s probably because I have met a lot of people that lie and a lot of appointments drop.

But, anyway, let’s start talking about this pastor because I loved what he said and how he said it. We were out talking to people, contacting on the street and we ran into our friend D.F. D.F. has a little shop where they sell, fake Polo, Lacoste, and Gucci products.  He loves to try and bargain with us and loves to talk about the United States. We were talking to him and his friend... (the pastor) and we started talking about the "Mormon faith" I would love to tell everyone right there, there is only one Lord, one FAITH, and one baptism. Ephesians 4:5. Anyways, we got off to a rough start; he was talking about what he does and doesn't like about our religion. He started in, " from the looks of it, your church is the only true church...I see nothing wrong with your church, and I love that you guys teach about authority." ha-ha, ok, I was in the same state as you? Why have we not put up the baptismal date and there better be water running in the font at the church. But no, he isn't prepared… I quoted the gospel of Matthew when Jesus says, “This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, andbhonoureth me with their lips; but their cheart is far from me."  Anyways, we started to tussle with words  and I said to him, "you know what we can sit here and fight about doctrine all day. But you have said some important facts about this church. One that we have the authority of God, two our church is true, and if you find no fault we welcome you to be baptized and join this fold. He just started giving us a bunch of excuses and then said something that would change my testimony forever. He said, look there is an old saying which is; “the churches are the assassins of one’s life.” I said, “how could you be more correct? “you are killing yourself in the false church, you are completing the promise of Matthew 7:6 which states,aGive not that which is bholy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your cpearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you...." going on to say, " 13 ¶Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in there at 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 15 ¶Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth devil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit; neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21 ¶Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord,  shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Whoops that was kind of long. (Just kidding read your scriptures, look I'm helping you out on your New Year’s resolution!!! :) Basically, I had a long time to think about this saying. It is so true and this comment was so inspired especially for me! If churches are the assassins of life than we must know that going to church regularly is essential. He also put a thought into my mind. Think about the search for the "Pearls of Great Price". There are so many out there that you could die from exhaustion trying to find the right one!  And once you "believe" you have found the right one you could well be assassinated with false doctrine and you could even start lying to yourself that you "know" that this church is true. You could be slowly becoming a murderer to yourself. I have seen it one too many times. A person whose mind that is locked up, that has become blind and has fulfilled another one of Christ’s marvelous sayings in the scriptures, " 14 Let them alone: they be ablind bleaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." The words are as clear as day! 

We have to find the true church; we have to stay in that church! Please, once you have entered into covenants with the Lord, don't kill yourself spiritually, don't blind yourself, By God’s grace all men may be saved. But that doesn't take away the personal responsibility we have, it doesn't take away the need for justice. And remember that justice and mercy can only be given with a third person present. The mercy that we can receive through the grace of God is, Jesus Christ. He helped you out once and when you have had the knowledge of the atonement and what it means to you individually, you know that it was to change your life forever, it was to convert you to an idea and the true church. By knowing Christ died for you means that you know understand that we must all live by faith, all repent, and all be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost. But, gosh dang it that stupid word endure means we gotta do a lot more, figure it out!

You are probably bored by now and are now just skipping around a bit. I invite you to read this email again and again until the Holy Ghost touches your heart until you know it’s true and have the desire to act on it.   

 

James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my afaith by my bworks.

What are your works and where is your faith? I wanna see them together. 

The pastor said that he respected our opinion and he will onetime be baptized in the, "Mormon faith" but, as of now he has a calling that he must fulfill in the casa de oracion. I told him please do, but don't do it as a commandment do it for your salvation and because you know it’s true. They sayeveryone is born a Catholic, lives as an Evangelist, and dies as a Mormon. People say that Mormons think they are the only ones that are in heaven. I just tell them, "no just the only ones in the presence of God, come and see…”

Our baptisms fell that day even after they passed the interview and everything, it sucked. But I learned a lot about the Lords timing and the Lords will. Without opposition there would be nothing and Heavenly Father would cease to be God. Gotta have some sad times to recognize happy times. Be happy!

 

This was a lot of typing and I will probably be getting carpal tunnel surgery soon. “What up grammar errors in this letter? Guess what I ain’t gonna care dude. ha-ha I can’t speak English anymore!”

I love everyone.

I invite all of you to follow my brother on instagram, he is on this movement to be more popular than me. but, girls be careful and don't say you haven't been warned. It’s dangerous to follow one heck of a man. #SamsonHansgen

Call my sister to hang out, because she hangs out with her boyfriend too much...#weddinginvitations2015

Harass my mamma and papa Hench, I’m not there to do it.

I am learning a lot out there.

"Old friends” I challenge you to get to know yourself, I realize that we were into old trends and to be honest we were real __________, we took so much time worrying about girls, girls and a bunch of other crap that really didn't matter. I wasn't the best example for you guys, but I’m here now. The Lord stands beckoning, He does not care at the hour we come, just that we come, come quick!

Love,

Elder Ely

e

No comments:

Post a Comment